Retail is the 2nd largest industry in the World and rapidly growing, with an increasing shortage of skills. The Advanced Certificate in Retail Management Studies provides a comprehensive overview in national and international context of Retail in the 21st Century. The programme is tailored based on International best practice and brings years of practical experience to the student in order to equip them with the knowledge to function effectively and efficiently in various fundamental areas within the retail environment.
A retail manager holds a pivotal position in a retail organization and this course has been designed by a team who has years of practical experience. You will receive insight into what normally would take an individual many, many years to experience and master. This course will also increase your knowledge and understanding of retailing in the 21st Century.
Various Managerial Positions within retail (Foundation for future career enhancement to Senior Management Positions). As the retail industry worldwide and especially in South Africa is constantly growing there is an on-going demand for individuals who are equipped with the correct retail skills.
Grade 12 OR its equivalent. (If the student wishes to register for the learning programme and does not meet the minimum admission requirements, but has three years' relevant work experience, they should contact Master Retailing Registrar Admissions to discuss the various prospects for entrance to the learning programme.)
Mode of Delivery:
This programme is offered through supported distance learning.
The method of assessment of this programme is by:
a) 1st Assignment in first semester
b) 2nd Assignment in second semester
Upon completion of this programme, the student should be able to:
• Understand the different market segments, customer profiles and buying habits applicable to the wholesale & retail industry.
• Focus on the fundamental aspects of retail.
• Apply effective leadership principals.
• Identify key financial issues important to the business.
• Practise sound performance management.
• Organise and coordinate a wide range of management activities.
• Apply effective time management and improve productivity.
• Focus on store management processes (Both strategically and operationally).
• Understand, practise and coordinate good customer service principals.
• The Core Concepts of the Wholesale and Retail Environment
• The Art of Customer Service
• Selling Skills
• Customer Touch Points
• Practical Finance
• Business Intelligence
• Sales Management
• Customer Value Chain
• The Performance Management Process
• Effective Leadership and Culture
• Managing People Intelligently
• Time is Money
• The Blueprint for Success
On successful completion of this learning programme the student will receive a Master Retailing "Advanced Certificate in Retail Management" which contains the IAO (International Accreditation Organization) logo.
Our courses and modules are designed and aimed at improving your knowledge and skills that will assist you in attaining a higher quality of life and are based on international studies. We apply strict quality control measures to ensure that our courses are presented at a high standard.
Master Retailing is proud to be a fully-fledged member of the IAO (International Accreditation Organisation). The IAO is a member of IEAC (International Education Accreditation Commission) and GESPWA (Global Education Support Forum for Working Adults)
Who Should Attend?
Post matriculates looking to embark in a retail career, existing retail employees looking to improve their management skills, owners or managers of small retail businesses.